Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today I Saw a Man Cannibals Would Want to Eat

Today I was off work and free as a bird.

I went for a walk this morning, right after I got up. I stuffed unshelled peanuts in my pocket, a banana, an orange, and some water in my sling backpack and headed out to the greenway. I left my watch and cellphone behind. The greenway was full of people today and it was fun to watch them. I had sunglasses on, which allowed me to watch people without them knowing I was watching. A highlight: A shirtless jogging man who had muscles that would have made cannibals salivate: just the right balance between fatty and stringy.

When I watch people, I like to play observation games like:
- Which people look like they voted for McCain? Which for Obama?
- Which people would cannibals go for?
- Spot the mean people
- How many people actually look alert?
- Which parents wish they didn't have kids?
- Find someone who looks presidential
- Which people would muggers target?
- Which people are just BEGGING to have their pockets picked?
- Guess which people would help a mugging victim and which ones would walk away
- There are more!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, talk about trying to be stereotypical!
Do you ever wonder what people think of you...or don't you care?

Mighty Pipsqueek said...

I care some, but not that much. I think to some people I look like a hippie, and so if they guess that I'm less concerned about social norms than the average guy, they'd be right.

As for being stereotypical, it's all in fun. I'd expect to be wrong in many cases (most even?), but there's no denying that there is a lot one can read from a person without talking to them, if one has the skill.

For example, when people look at you, it's pretty easy to see that you are a cloud lover. Even a child could see that. O:-)